reading challenge 2015

A few days a go I scrolled down my tumblr dashboard and found the 50 books reading challenge which covers a wide range of books instead just a genre or era. It took me several hours to choose my books, so I thought it might help a few of you when I shared my selection:

1. A book with more than 500 pages - Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
2. A classic romance - Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
3. A book that became a movie - The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
4. A book published this year - That's the only one I want to choose later in the year
5. A book with a number in the title - Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
6. A book written by someone under 30 - Boy, Snow, Bird by Helen Oyeyemi
7. A book with nonhuman characters - 12 Doctors, 12 Stories (Doctor Who spin-off books) by various authors
8. A funny book - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
9. A book by a female author - Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie 
10. A mystery or thriller - The Secret History by Donna Tartt  
11. A book with a one word title - Noah by Sebastian Fitzek
12. A book of short stories - Explorer: The Mystery Boxes by various authors
13. A book set in a different country - The Dante Club by Matthew Pearl
14. A non-fiction book - How to Deliver a TED Talk by Jeremey Donovan 
15. A popular authors first book - Betrachtung by Franz Kafka
16. A book from an author you love but haven’t read yet - Passagier 23 by Sebastian Fitzek
17. A book a friend recommended - I am the messenger by Markus Zusak 
18. A Pulitzer Prize-winning book - The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway 
19. A book based on a true story - It’s kind of a funny story by Ned Vizzini
20. A book at the bottom of your to-read list - Animal Farm by George Orwell
21. A book your mom loves - Summer Rental by Mary Kay Andrews 
22. A book that scares you - The Strange Library by Haruki Murakami (not exactly scared, but)
23. A book more than 100 years old - Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
24. A book based entirely on its cover - Alena by Rachel Pastan
25. A book you were supposed to read in school but didn't - I read all the books I were supposed to, so I choose The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky to keep the school spirit-thingy
26. A memoir - A visual journey by Ed Sheeran
27. A book you can finish in a day - The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
28. A book with antonyms in the title -Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
29. A book set somewhere you've always wanted to visit - The Tricking of Freya by Christina Sunlay
30. A book that came out the year you were born -White Teeth by Zadie Smith
31. A book with bad reviews - Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad
32. A trilogy -I will reread The Lord of the Rings trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien
33. A book from your childhood - Tintenherz by Cornelia Funke
34. A book with a love triangle - Water for the Elephants by Sara Gruen
35. A book set in the future - Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
36. A book set in high school - Carrie by Stephen King 
37. A book with a color in the title - Orange is the New Black by Piper Kerman
38. A book that made you cry - Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz, which didn’t make me cry but made me feel sad and left me with my worst book hangover ever
39. A book with magic - Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
40. A graphic novel - The Encyclopaedia of Early Earth by Isabel Greenberg
41. A book by an author you've never read before - Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami
42. A book you own but have never read - Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov 
43. A book that takes place in your hometown - my hometown is so small that there are only 2 book which takes place here- and I already read them. So 43. is kinda my Joker and I will read Einstein’s Dreams by Alan Lightman
44. A book that was originally written in a different language - Persona Normal by Benito Taibo (which I’ll read in Spanish)
45. A book set during Christmas - A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
46. A book written by an author with your same initials - Ginger Man by J.P. Donleavy
47. A play - Hamlet by William Shakespeare 
48. A banned book - Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
49. A book based on or turned into a TV show - Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
50. A book you started but never finished -The Circle by Dave Eggers 


(Picture via Pinterest)


If someone is participating in this challenge too, let me know your book selection in the comments down below! 

2 comments:

  1. That's impressive! And a good, varied selection, too. I thought about choosing books ahead of time, and of course I have some ideas in the back of my head, but as a mood reader, I decided to keep my options open.

    Thanks for coming by my blog today - it's nice to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I decided that I would choose my books for this challenge earlier because I tend to be a 'messier' reader (reading several book at one time, having a large TBR pile and not knowing what to read next...). But since I try to read at least 180 books I still have the option to read something I just found out about. Nice to meet you too, and merci for your comment!

      Delete

 

currently reading

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling